INVERARAY CASTLE AND LOCH LOMOND
Enjoy The Wonders of The West Coast
Visit the ancestral seat of the Dukes of Argyll, Chiefs of Clan Campbell. Owned by th family since the early 15th century and currently occupied by the 13th Duke & his family.
Our first stop on this tour is the iconic Inveraray Castle. The ancestral seat of the Dukes of Argyll, Chiefs of Clan Campbell, since the early 15th century and currently occupied by the 13th Duke & his family. The castle was also used as the location for the 2012 Downton Abbey Christmas special.
Next, we will make our way to the nearby town of Inveraray. With its quaint shops & traditional feel, you can take your time exploring the former Royal Burgh before enjoying lunch at a local restaurant.
Rested & refreshed we will take our leave and travel to the bonny banks of Loch Lomond, enjoying the breathtaking scenery along the way. Here we will stop at some of the most picturesque viewpoints in Scotland, where you can enjoy amazing views across the loch.
Our final stop is the tiny conservation village of Luss. Originally named the ‘Dark Village’ the area has been inhabited since medieval times. With traditional granite cottages & stunning lochside views, there’s nowhere better to bring our day to an end.
What to Bring
- A copy of your confirmation email
- A light rain jacket
- Cash, credit card, or Historic Scotland Explorer Pass for entrance fees
- Tour lasts approx. 8 hours, depending on traffic conditions (Tour Guide Scotland cannot be held responsible for any delays)
- This tour may not suitable for those with mobility restrictions.
- You will be transported in a clean, comfortable and air-conditioned vehicle.
- Please wear closed-toe, comfortable footwear.
The following costs are not included in the tour price:
1. Lunch and Personal Purchases
Child aged 5–15: £12.80
Child under 5: FREE
Member/Explorer Pass holder**: FREE
Credit cards accepted
**Explorer Pass is worth considering if you are planning to visit 2 or more Historic Scotland properties during your trip.
The above prices are subject to change.