STIRLING CASTLE AND LOCH LOMOND
From The Splendour of Stirling to the Banks of Loch Lomond
See the majestic Stirling Castle atop a cliff overlooking the beautiful city of Stirling before enjoying the rolling countryside and Bonny Banks of Loch Lomond.
Once the capital of Scotland, Stirling is a beautiful city steeped in history. When we arrive you will be free to roam and take in your surroundings or pick up an official tour of the castle, which start on the hour.
Next, we will journey to the Trossachs and the bustling town of Callander. Often described as the gateway to the highlands this picturesque town reflects the Scotland of yesteryear. We will drive a few miles along the road where you can meet some hairy highland cows, with an opportunity to feed them a carrot while you get your picture taken and do a little shopping in the local woollen mill. Then it’s onwards through the Trossachs.
Have your camera at the ready to capture the beautiful scenery en route to the bonny banks of Loch Lomond. Here you will have the opportunity to stop for photographs, take a walk down to the loch and even dip your toes in the water.
Our final stop will be Luss, a beautiful conservation village on the banks of Loch Lomond with its medieval monuments dating back as far as the 7th century AD. You will have time to explore the village and its ancient churchyard before we depart and make for home.
What to Bring
- A copy of your confirmation email
- A light rain jacket
- Cash, credit card, or Historic Scotland Explorer Pass for entrance fees
- Tour lasts approx. 8 hours, depending on traffic conditions (Tour Guide Scotland cannot be held responsible for any delays)
- This tour may not suitable for those with mobility restrictions.
- You will be transported in a clean, comfortable and air-conditioned vehicle.
- Please wear closed-toe, comfortable footwear.
The following costs are not included in the tour price:
1. Lunch and Personal Purchases
Child aged 5–15: £12.80
Child under 5: FREE
Member/Explorer Pass holder**: FREE
Credit cards accepted
**Explorer Pass is worth considering if you are planning to visit 2 or more Historic Scotland properties during your trip.
The above prices are subject to change.